Tommy had a fundraiser carnival at his school and part of it was a cake competition. We love to make and decorate (eat frosting) cakes, so we decided to do one and donate it. We planned our shark to be jumping out from the center, but the cake was too soft and the shark kept falling down. So we put three cupcakes/shells on the top instead. Then as I was all done and somewhat happy with the cake, I put it under the cake dome to "protect it" and smeared one side of the frosting decorations. Well - I went to bed (not very happy) and in the morning I painted a big shark on that side and that shark actually won our "Best school spirit" award. Here is our final creation. It was a spice cake inside - the leftover cupcakes were yummy :).

No comments:
Post a Comment